Nkana Water Supply and Sanitation Company is a Commercial Water Utility providing quality Water and Sanitation Services to its customers in Kitwe, Kalulushi and Chambishi. In its quest to improve service delivery, the Company seeks to employ suitable, highly motivated and goal oriented professionals to fill the following vacant position: Clerk Of Works – Infrastructure Development
To ensure that the quality of both materials and workmanship are in accordance with Architects’/Engineers’ drawings and specifications.
1. Attend and contribute to design team and site meetings.
2. Identify work to be done and seek relevant approvals.
3. Maintain a critical but constructive relationship with the contractor’s supervisory staff
4. Carry out duties to meet Health and Safety regulations and practices.
5. Continuously monitor construction progress and quality of work on site in accordance with contract specifications.
6. Ensure that materials, construction standards and site practices are satisfactory.
7. Highlighting potential specification design issues for comments before they affect construction and programme.
8. Liaise with the Contractor’s supervisory personnel to ensure a full, current and accurate understanding of the delivery programme, and construction methods/activities in progress.
9. Where approval samples are available, compare work carried out against samples and ensure that it’s consistent with the original.
10. Compose records of the works; index and file all drawings and correspondence
11. Liaise with visiting inspectors Supervise on site tests and keep records.
12. Compiling on site records, site diaries and monitor sub-contractor attendance and day works.
13. Inspect finished work, prepare schedules of, and supervise, remedial works and provide certification of standards of work.
14. Schedule snagging items and defects at practical completion and at the end of the defects liability period.
Qualifications and Experience
● Full Grade 12 Certificate with at least five (05) credits including Mathematics and English
● Bachelor’s Degree in Civil/Mechanical Engineering
● At least three (03) years’ relevant work experience
● Must be a member of the Engineering Institute of Zambia
Additional Attributes Required for the Job
● Strong communication skills – both verbal and written
● Attentive to detail
● Must be Innovative
● Must be a Team Player
● Computer literate in MS Word, MS-Excel, MS-Project, MS-Power Point
Applications with copies of certified academic and professional certificates, detailed Curriculum Vitae with the names of three referees should reach the undersigned not later than Thursday 13th February 2020, clearly indicating the position applied for.
The Director – Human Resources and Administration Services
Nkana Water and Sewerage Company
P O Box 20982
Email: [email protected]zm
Job description Electrician Lumwana Mine, Solwezi, Zambia. Reporting to: Electrical Supervisor Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company...Apply For This Job
Nkana Water Supply and Sanitation Company is a Commercial Water Utility providing quality Water and Sanitation Services to its customers...Apply For This Job
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.