Nkana Water Supply and Sanitation Company is a Commercial Water Utility providing quality Water and Sanitation Services to its customers in Kitwe, Kalulushi and Chambishi. In its quest to improve service delivery, the Company seeks to employ suitable, highly motivated and goal oriented professionals to fill the following vacant position: Engineer Projects Infrastructure Development
To execute capital projects for the Company under Infrastructure Development Directorate. The Project Engineer will report to the Manager – Water and Sanitation.
1. Collects operational field data regarding project requirements to determine the need for the project.
2. Analyzing field data to determine whether the need is to expand or control the operations.
3. Carries out site inspections and supervision of projects being executed by contractors to ensure that specifications are being adhered to.
4. Designing new infrastructure and re-designing infrastructure as required.
5. Preparation of Contract Specifications and Bidding Documents in conjunction with Purchasing and Supply Department.
6. Undertakes arrangement of project liaison meetings ensuring all logistics and programmes are in place.
7. Liaises with City Council to obtain development plans for new residential areas, extension to town, commercial and industrial sites to assess requirement for water and sewer.
8. Undertakes survey of areas with the aid of specialized equipment such as theodolites and levels satellite GPS Epanet system to obtain necessary data for developing pipe network plans for both water and sewer.
9. Designs and develops pipe network drawings showing distribution pipe layout from tap point to development site using computer based application, pumps selection for water and sewer plants applications.
Qualifications and Experience
● Full Grade 12 Certificate with at least five (05) credits including Mathematics and English
● Bachelor’s Degree in Civil/Mechanical Engineering
● Post Graduate qualification in Project Management will be an added advantage
● At least three (03) years’ relevant work experience
● Must be a member of the Engineering Institute of Zambia
Applications with copies of certified academic and professional certificates, detailed Curriculum Vitae with the names of three referees should reach the undersigned not later than Thursday 13th February 2020, clearly indicating the position applied for.
The Director – Human Resources and Administration Services
Nkana Water and Sewerage Company
P O Box 20982
Job description Electrician Lumwana Mine, Solwezi, Zambia. Reporting to: Electrical Supervisor Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company...Apply For This Job
Nkana Water Supply and Sanitation Company is a Commercial Water Utility providing quality Water and Sanitation Services to its customers...Apply For This Job
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.