The Company seeks the services of a General Manager Smelter and Refinery who will be reporting to the Chief Executive Officer.
The successful candidate in this executive role will direct and manage the Smelter and Refinery;
Develop and implement short and long-term plan, to enable the production of world-class quality copper and acid.
Ensure that the plants are available and reliable to produce the products in line with the corporate objectives of the company, with regard to quantity, quality and unit costs.
Facilitate continuous improvement and operational excellence in order to improve run time, safety performance and unit costs;
Develop and coach national workforce employees, enable performance management and development of Smelter & Refinery teams.
Job Functions Executive Management Industries Mining Specification
To be considered for this position, the candidate should meet the following minimum requirements:
1.Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Metallurgy or Chemical Engineering or equivalent technical discipline.
2. Master’s degree in Metallurgy, Chemical Engineering or Business Administration will be an added advantage.
3.Must be a member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia and Engineering Registration Board.
4.At least 12 years’ experience in management of Metallurgical plant operations including in-depth experience in managing overall operations of Smelters & Refineries.
5.Must have very good organizational and leadership abilities, excellent interpersonal skills, aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving, demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development, emotionally intelligent.
6.Must have high ethical standards
The responsibilities of this role will include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Direct and manage the work force and material resources to meet production targets within the approved budgets.
2.Plan for short and long-term production and maintenance strategies to stimulate process improvement and sustain production levels of copper and acid in line with the company’s corporate objectives.
3. Ensure that copper produced meets the highest international standards of quality in line with market and customer requirements and conforms to the International Quality and Occupational Standards (ISO 9001, ISO 140001 & OHSAS 18001).
4. Ensure the optimum utilization of maintenance resources and implement equipment upgrades, rehabilitation and replacement plans to enhance the availability of production plants to meet production estimates at budgeted costs.
5. Ensure effective cost control systems are in place with reference to operating and capital expenditure as well as resource utilization in order to maintain costs within the approved budget.
6. Direct the human capital development programmes in the Processing function through the Performance Management System in order to ensure continued availability of skills to effectively man the operations at all levels.
7. Ensure that all operations conform to the statutory regulations including Mining Regulations, Environmental Regulations and Company SafeWork initiatives in order to maintain a high standard of safety awareness to minimize industrial accidents and incidents as well as take corrective measures to ensure compliance.
For more information visit https://mopani.jb.skillsmapafrica.com/
The Firmadle Hotels is looking to recruit receptionists to join the Front Desk team. The role requires you to welcome...Apply For This Job
About the Assistant position Yalelo is seeking a highly analytical, meticulous and hands-on HR assistant with experience, preferably, in the FMCG industry. Location: The Position...Apply For This Job
The Northern Technical College (NORTEC) invites applications from suitably qualified and interested individuals to fill the following positions: Administration Officer....Apply For This Job
Chipembele is a charitable trust that operates in the rural development of Mfuwe, adjacent to South Luangwa National Park and...Apply For This Job
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced individuals with a vision to excel for the following position; Director Corporate...Apply For This Job