Nkana Water Supply and Sanitation Company is a Commercial Water Utility providing quality Water and Sanitation Services to its customers in Kitwe, Kalulushi and Chambishi. In its quest to improve service delivery, the Company seeks to employ suitable, highly motivated and goal oriented professionals to fill the following vacant position: Internal Auditor
To carry out examination and evaluation of the adequacy and effectiveness of the organization’s governance, risk management, and internal control processes in relation to the organization’s defined goals and objectives. The Internal Auditor will be reporting to the Internal Audit Manager.
1. Examine records of all departments to ensure proper recording of transactions and compliance with established procedures and systems.
2. Inspect accounting systems and financial statements to determine their efficiency, effectiveness and accuracy and makes appropriate recommendations as necessary.
3. Review records pertaining to material assets, such as equipment, buildings or manpower to determine degree to which they are utilized.
4. Review billing system at every process and documents all observed weaknesses providing supporting data for Management’s information and action.
5. Analyze data obtained for evidence of deficiencies in controls, duplication of effort, extravagance, fraud or lack of compliance with established systems.
6. Gather evidence on carrying out audits of water and sewerage plants and operations, interviewing Operators to check compliance to regulations and standards.
7. Prepare reports on findings and recommends to management for remedial measures to be instituted so as to curb shortcomings.
8. Conduct special audits for management aimed at detecting, frauds and thereafter develop controls for their prevention.
9. Carry out risk based audit and provide remedial measures.
● Full Grade 12 Certificate with at least five (05) credits including Mathematics and English
● A University Degree in Accounting
● Must have full ACCA or acceptable equivalents
● Experience in Projects Audit will be an added advantage
● At least three (03) years’ relevant work experience
● Must be a member of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants
● Be computer literate and familiar with Accounting Packages
● Have good interpersonal and Communication Skills
● Must be a Team Player
● High integrity
● Must have Supervisory Skills
Applications with copies of certified academic and professional certificates, detailed Curriculum Vitae with the names of three referees should reach the undersigned not later than Thursday 13th February 2020, clearly indicating the position applied for.
The Director – Human Resources and Administration Services
Nkana Water and Sewerage Company
P O Box 20982
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com