Radio Access Network (RAN) Engineer
- Trouble-shoot I & C related issues. Provide technical support to field teams for installation, integeration & commissioning.
- Alarm & performance monitoring in support with NOC/GDC.
- Technical support for the RNC/BSC which include routine RNC/BSC O&M and troubleshooting, Node B and EnodeB
- ATM/IPRAN knowledge
- Knows 3G signaling processing Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in GMS/ UMTS/WCDMA
- Correct RNC/BTS/Node-B faults and performance degradations in the network
- Responsible for the development and implementation of Operations & Maintenance processes
- Responsible for co-operating with the technical support of 3rd party equipment
- Function verification in accordance with the maintenance documentation of the network element
- Troubleshooting on a network element and its interfaces
- Diagnostics on interfaces to locate problems in network elements and/or plug-in units Failure reporting & escalation, if needed Standard Engineering Support activities for network and service development
Bachelor’s Degree qualification or above majoring in Telecommunication / IT / Computer Science / Engineering / or other related technical discipline. 7. Preferably with 2 years or above relevant working experience. 8. Possess skill in any of the following network elements RAN (BSC/RNC, NodeB/eNodeB) 9. Multi vendor product network experience is an added advantage. 10. Able to work in fast pace working environment. Excellent team spirit with good communications and interpersonal skills. 11. Customer service oriented and good presentation skill.
Required Competencies and Skills Engineer must have good knowledge and some experience troubleshooting NSN RNC 450 and 2600 platforms. Experience troubleshooting in RNC. Strong experience indepentendly executing HIT Macros and capturing logs from RNC and NodeB. Experience capturing fishing macros and BTS snapshots perferred. Experience in IP RAN and RU10/RU20 is a plus